Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yay for 30!

I try not to get too excited about things- because it seems whenever I get TOO optimistic I get bad news. So, I am going to quietly celebrate hitting 30 weeks today, passing my fetal fibronectin test, and passing the cervical check (no dilation). I did, however, agree to staying here in the hospital another week- just to be safe.

I know if I go home I will just end up coming right back. My mother is there- and we do not get along very well- I know I would allow her to stress me out into a full blown contraction session on a regular basis. The problem, of course, is how much I miss my son. Oh it's killing me not to see him every day. But, when he comes here- he is kind of a disaster in the room and always ends up getting hurt by tripping on the floor or banging into the wall. He's clumsy like someone else I know.

Anyhow- I wasn't making some big celebration on Facebook today since like I said I wanted things to remain low key. I am getting more and more excited with every day that passes to meet these two boys beating the crap out of my stomach. I guess it really shouldn't be as surreal as it is- but I still can't get over it. I am still as dumbfounded as I was April 2nd and we found out we were about to get double the trouble--just much, much closer to the finish line.

If there is anyone out there reading this with advice on multiples, I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment