Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Travel on my mind...

I have many different thoughts on travel these days. First and foremost- I long to go away somewhere, and relax. Sleep. And not be stuck in the house with three children under two- alone all day long. But what would I do? Where would I go? If we took the kids, how would we get there? Um...flying would be tough because we are still outnumbered. I hope that someday I will look forward to traveling again- and my husband and I will be able to go places and do things that do not involve changing diapers or waking in the middle of the night to feed someone.

That said....my new obsession is to win a trip for us to go somewhere. I think that might be the motivation to go- if we won, we'd find a way to do it. We would fly grandma down here and GO. So.....here I am..plugging away looking for a trip to take. I recently discovered the site Trekaroo and found that they have a Monday Madness giveaway every week! This week it is a trip to a TradeWinds Island Resort in Florida. We can do Florida. It's probably a days' drive, but we could handle it. I MIGHT even consider flying since it's such a short flight and it is pretty inexpensive to fly there. Plus bonus- my grandma lives not far away. Anyhow- I think I can handle an hour or so being on a plan being 'that mom' with 'that kid'. I just hope everyone else can!

No comments:

Post a Comment